Interiors

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

My home renovation - Kitchen opens up

The bed-loft's wall now separates it from
the kitchen below.

The space for the window and outside
section of the kitchen lets in a lot of light.
The base for the built-in kitchen gets laid.


Views of the openings for the door and window of 
the kitchen now make the terrace almost part of the
 room



Standing below the bed-loft


The external wall of the bed-loft with the fireplace 
and nicchia below

 The lower bathroom stripped of the old
tiles ready for its make-over

The wall that divides the lower bathroom
and the fireplace still needs to be erected
to create the shower area.

The window bench that we created was too high and 
I wanted to be able to use the space underneath it, 
so I've had the top ripped off to lower it which I
will replace with a hinged wooden top so that it
becomes more like a trunk in which I can store
quilts during the long summers.


1 comment:

  1. With the photos you shared, I presume that you've had a lot going on the past two months. And I wonder if you're finished with the whole project. When will you unveil your newly renovated home? I'm excited to see how the kitchen, bathroom, and other parts of the house look like! :D


    Herb Koguchi @ Kroll Construction

    ReplyDelete