Interiors

Thursday, 30 May 2013

My home renovation - Bed-loft, walls going up


Up in the bed-loft. Just a couple more
rows of bricks to go.


The kitchen, with the bed-loft above


Bed loft wall, seen from below on the 
kitchen side


Bed-loft wall, seen on a level from the 
kitchen side


Under and next to the stairs, we're creating 
a utility cupboard to house the washing 
machine and the cleaning equipment.


The view from the bed-loft. This window 
will be opened up to almost four times 
the present size.


2 comments:

  1. It seems that there are still lot of things to be done. Good thing you thought everything through. Planning can really help to make things a lot easier and less stressful, especially with the construction. Your house may look like a blank canvas for now, but with the continuous progress, I'm sure it will be soon over. Crossed fingers for that!

    Kayce @ EasyWayBuildingBrokers.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kayce. To be honest I change my mind about things as the renovation progresses, because day by day new ideas come as I see the changes happening. So long as I don't throw everything and everybody into chaos I think it's the best way to deal with the project. Yesterday I went to get some air vents cut in stone to insert into walls where there's little airflow. They are also very decorative in a simple way...I needed an unpretentious way of adding a touch of stone to the apartment. Thanks for your message. Peter

      Delete